DP Simulator (Adanced) Course
This course provides personnel engaged in the Dynamic Positioning Operator (DPO) training scheme with further insight, experience and confidence in performing offshore operations under Dynamic Positioning (DP) control.
- Discussion and application of lessons learned to date.
- DP operation planning and preparation.
- Operating the DP desk under normal and pressure conditions.
- Developing decision making on courses of action due to numerous systems failures.
- Developing communication skills as a part of the bridge team and overall project team.
- Analysis and interpretation of DP trends.
- Understanding of alarms and printer readout.
- Understanding and initiating DP Alert status alarms.
- Practice effective bridge and project teamwork.
Training is conducted using Kongsberg Marine K-Pos and Roll Royce Icon DP simulation equipment.
Participants must have a DP Induction Course Certificate and have successfully completed Phases A and B of the DPO training scheme. This must be correctly recorded in their Dynamic Positioning Operator’s Logbook. For further guidance, please refer to www.nautinst.org .